Thursday, August 16, 2007

Garage Sale Finds

I got these from a Garage Sale, I bought them because I liked them and thought that at the very least I could take them apart and use them in other jewelry. I think I paid either $1 or $2 for the necklace & each pair of earrings. I was going to start taking them apart and I thought to myself...."I should look at these and see if they have any markings"....so I got out my magnifying lens and sure enough a couple pieces had some markings!

These earrings have a marking of Coventry on them, when I did a quick search the only thing I could find was a Sara Coventry, not sure if it's the same designer, but the earrings look similar to some of her work and so does this necklace. Not real gold, but quality costume jewelry.
These earrings are sterling and are marked so, they are also marked Danecraft. A quick search revealed that the stones are most likely glass. Again, quality costume jewelry. They are beautiful earrings, and I'll probably keep them as is or perhaps try to convert them to pierced from the clipon style and wear them.

These are some other earrings I found there, not sure if it's worth taking to a jeweler to try to find out if they are of any value or not, especially since the rest of the jewelry is only costume.
If anyone knows more about any of this jewelry or an ideas on a way to find out if the studs are valuable or not please leave me a comment! Thanks!

No comments: