Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Laugh Out Loud

This class was a supposed to be a hammered ID bracelet. Because I'm such a perfectionist I have to file and sand and get everything just so before I fire it. And I broke my bracelet while it was in the dried clay state before I fired it.
I had three words on there, I can't remember what the other two were, but I was able to save one end with the heart hole and the word laugh. I figured I make it into a charm.
I fired it and then it was time to hammer. Because it was supposed to be a bracelet the end with the heart was a little curved. The perfectionist in me wanted it to be flat so I thought that I'd hammer it flat, I hammered it flat! And again I broke it!
I now keep this on my work table to remind me to Laugh Out Loud! It's not the end of the world when something breaks, use it to your advantage and make something else out of it!

No comments: