Friday, April 17, 2009

Domestic Construction

Went to the bookstore the other day, was browsing mags and stopped as soon as I saw this.....


...how cool are these!!! Yes, these are tea & coffee cups that are made into a chandelier with a bowl to cover the electrical in the ceiling!!! I just love altered & re-purposed stuff!!!

I didn't want to buy the mag so I put the website in my
long term memory storage container that seems to have a leak now days
so when I got home I couldn't remember it...
...then just a few minutes ago it just popped into my head!

I sat down and went to their website, they have the most incredible video right on their homepage, you have to watch it!

But wait!!!

They also have an Etsy store where you can buy these little beauties, this one will run you a cool grand, but they have singles for about $60!

If you click on the Surface & Space tab on their website they have a bunch of cool photos of their various designs....I don't know which one I like best...too many cool things! I also LOVE their "bubble" dresses. I'm going to have to watch for a vintage pattern and make myself one!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

These are so cool and I bet are not that hard to make at all. I can't believe they are selling them for so much.

Anonymous said...

These are AWESOME - I am SO making one of these...OK, in my mind, anyway! Thanks for the email alert on them, too. Tanya

T.K. said...

Hi girlie it's the good ole' Turnbeaughs. I found you on Angies thought I'd say Hello.

Laurie said...

Ok, crazy expensive but how creative and stinkin cute. LOVE this!!! Great to see your blog. I didn't realize you were such the creative type... :) So fun getting to meet you in Hawaii.