Thursday, September 20, 2007

More Copper

I made this copper set with copper sheet & copper wire that I got from an industrial supply company. It looks great with jeans.


Each copper component is domed to better fit around your wrist.


I used a copper etching solution to make the images raised on the copper.


The ring was just an after thought. I had extra beads and wire so I used a torch and balled the ends of 28g copper wire to use as head pins for the beads and wrapped them around the ring base that was made from 20g copper wire.
It was fun to make I love etching the sheet metal! Being self taught I'm sure I did a bunch of things wrong with the wire wrapping and etching...but it looks cute and I had fun!





3 comments:

Jackie said...

Mandy, this set is fabulous! I would totally buy it if I were to see it in a store! Jeepers, I want to play with copper!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mandy youv'e done a beautiful job on your blog. Loved the fall colors and that made me realize that I am missing the greens from my fall colors necklace that I am making. Thanks for that. I'll add some greens. The poem for your sister's dog is wonderful. And so true! Love your copper jewelry. And especially the etched pieces. I've never seen that done and I really like it.
See you Saturday. My son, Eric, will be there too.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy,
Great job on your copper jewelry!!
The guitar picks are amazing and should have no problem selling.
Keep up the good work.
Dennie
(Colleen's sister)