Saturday, September 15, 2007

Teacher.....I think NOT!

My parents came in town for a week and I really wanted my mom to try the metal clay. So I was the teacher for the day.......not my cup of tea!!!! I keep forgetting to tell her steps & forget about tools she could use! Oh my gosh, did she make some cute things, even with a really crappy teacher!

I'm so proud of what she made, she made all 3 of these using only 10g of clay!!!!!!

She really liked the brushed look and has some brushed silver beads that she's going to use to string necklaces with for these two.
This one I worked on with her.....I was so worried about teaching her that I didn't make anything; so I helped her out with finishing this one. We dipped it in Silver Black and then used steel wool to bring back some of the silver. She really liked the aged look. By the way....her name is Candy!
I think we have us a new metal clay artist...she's talking about ordering a starter kit! Yeah!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your mom is really creative too. You have those creative genes in your family. You both create amazing art!