Monday, August 25, 2008

An Even Dozen

Troy & I celebrated our 12 year anniversary on Friday.

We ate dinner at Stack Steakhouse & then we to see the Cirque du Soleil show Love.



It was a perfect night, as have been the last 12 years. On the day we got married we had only known each other 6 months & 9 days, not knowing what the future would hold, we jumped in with both feet. It took us a while to get things figured out, but neither of us drowned. Looking back I don't think that I would change a thing, there have been really high ups & some really low downs in our lives as a couple as well as individuals, but I wouldn't be who I am today with out all of them & especially without Troy being such a huge part of my life.

Some things I've learned the last 12 years.
I've learned to admit when I am wrong, only say I'm sorry if I really mean it, don't say "you never" or "you always", that the little things are huge, that in 12 years from now I won't remember a clean house, but I will remember that time we laid in bed all day watching movies, that being mad hurts me more than anyone else, that making someone else happy is one of the best feelings in the world, to give more than I think I can and expect nothing in return, that I really am strong & can handle more than I ever imagined, that I'm not as strong as I think and sometimes I need a shoulder to lean on, that I will always have a best friend, not to say "I will never" or "I won't" because when it comes down it I will probably do the opposite, to live in the moment, that I can laugh at things instead of getting mad or being sad, not to hold grudges, to try things I wouldn't normally do, true forgiveness, to show appreciation, to frequently tell him that I love him, that true love really is unconditional, and when it's true love it really can be
Forever & Always!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations you two!
I hope you have many more wonderful years together!

Anonymous said...

You said it Mandy better than I could ever say!...You rock sista!!!

Always keep your eye on the horizon. Happy Anniversary you guys!. If Troy doesn't know who I am, fill him in on your history, K?

The only Scott that ever mattered to you in Wyoming...there better be only one...