Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hmmmm....

I went antiquing with some friends & Jackie found these bowls, they are perfect for holding my beads or stones when I'm working on a project. They came in a set of five, the one larger bowl and the four smaller bowls. Every since I bought them I have been wondering what their original purpose might have been......does anyone know, can you satisfy my curiosity?
Regardless of their original purpose, I love the cherries & the pretty scalloped edges. I'm so glad Jackie saw these, I love 'em!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think these are childs dishes, and they are pretty old.Mom

Jackie said...

I think they could be those finger cleaning bowls, people use to deep their fingers in little bowls of water, because they ate with their hands a lot, those animals!
They are very pretty all cleaned up!

Amanda said...

Hmm..let me put my two cents in. Could it be salad bowls? Just kidding I have no idea but enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Mandy,
I think they are berry bowls. People in the "olden days" didn't eat as large a portion as we do today!
Dennie (Colleen's sister)

Anonymous said...

I think they are Fairy bathtubs. The Fairy GodMother gets the big one.

love, Debbie