Thursday, February 14, 2008

Poor, Poor Piggy

I took Elvis to the Vet on Monday so that he could start getting shots for his allergies. His eye looked like it had been getting worse so I had the Doc take a look at it.

The Doc was visibly concerned, he explained to me that the "scratch" was trying to heal but it wasn't healing properly. To quote the Doc "If we don't do surgery his eye will explode." I think my eyes probably bugged out of my head, so he explained that the pressure building up in his eye could cause the eyeball to actually burst!

He asked if he'd already ate breakfast and I said yes, can he come in tomorrow or can we do the surgery later today. He said no that he needed to get in right away that he didn't want to take the chance that it would burst, so they had to give him medicine to make him vomit so that they could give him the anesthesia.

His left eye is stitched closed and he has to wear this massive cone so that he won't scratch at his eye. (His right eye is fine, he was just a little groggy when I took this picture.) He had a hard night Monday night but each day he's feeling a little better.
a
Not only did the poor guy have to go through all of this but when he was out they cleaned his teeth and he ended up having to have two teeth pulled!
This little guy sure is a trooper!
a
Oh, a quick funny. On Monday night I had fallen asleep watching TV and Troy went into our bedroom to brush his teeth, when he came back out he woke me up asking "Where's Piggy, I can't find Piggy." We both are walking around the house calling his name looking for him but we couldn't find him. I don't know how he did it (and he hasn't been able to do it since) but even with that cone on his head he got through the Doggie Door to go outside to go to the bathroom! What a good doggie.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Wow, he sure went through a lot! Oh I would hate to have to wear that cone! I wish he could wear an eye patch instead, he could be a pirate...aarrgh! hugs for elvis!