Thursday, December 6, 2007

Looks a Lot Like Christmas

It's definitely way past beginning to look
a lot like Christmas at my house!
We've got a full blown winter wonderland!

The decorations are up & the stockings are hung with hopes that Santa Troy will bring me lots of presents this year! I love the "Whoville" kind of decorations they are my favorite. If I could turn my house into "Whoville" and make it look like this picture I would!


I talk about how much I love Christmas & how our house gets transformed during the holidays but not everyone lives close enough to see the magical transformation; so as promised here are the pics!

This first tree is the one we have in our Family Room/Kitchen area. It's the slim 12' tree & is decorated with what I consider traditional Christmas. I made about half of the ornaments on this tree, we have popcorn garland (yes it's real popcorn), cinnamon "cookie" gingerbread men, cinnamon stick "snowflakes", yarn "balls" & felt stockings. I bought the rest of the ornaments and topped it off with a pine cone star. I put garland around the fireplace, it looks really pretty with the white lights at night.
(Click on the pictures to see them in a larger format.)


This is the fat 12' tree & what I call my "Whoville" tree; my favorite tree. It's in the Living Room it has red, green, white & silver ornaments and has lots of real & fake candy. I add red & green "Whoville" lights in addition to the white ones, it makes the whole room glow red. This tree is decorated with about half made & half purchased ornaments. Troy even strung some gumdrop (yes real gumdrops) garland for this tree!
(Click on the pictures to see them in a larger format.)

And for the first time ever I've decorated a third tree. We actually got a new fat tree this year & I kept the top portion of the old 12' tree, it's about 5' high. The plant in my den died when we went to Florida & I have not put a new one in, so I just plopped the tree right into the pot, I'll get a new plant after Christmas.

I call this tree my Beads & Bling tree. Everything on this tree is either beads or bling. All the decoration are either clear or white and it's topped with a silver star. I have pearl garland, beaded icicles, glittered snowflakes, diamond drops and lots of other beads & bling!
I might have a new favorite tree!
(Click on the picture to it in a larger format.)

We are having two parties this year. The girls are having one of their own in addition to our traditional party. We love to share our holiday spirit so for those too far away to come to our party I hope that you can sense it from what you can see here.
We love you all!
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I am speechless, how absolutly amazing, your home is wonderful, I can't wait to see it in person, my favorite decorated items are otis and elvis, I can't think of anything cuter I have ever seen! Merry Christmas Mandy, you really captured it!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have energy AND the Christmas spirit! Everything looks great - good job! Hope you left some time open for beading ;)