Thursday, December 6, 2007

My Shopping is Done!

"That's what it's all about right? That's what it's always been about! Gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts, gifts! Do you know what happens to your gifts? They all come to me...in your garbage. Do you see what I'm saying here? IN YOUR GARBAGE! I could hang myself with all the bad Christmas neckties I found at the dump! And the avarice...[points to mayor] The avarice never ends! "I want golf clubs!" "I want diamonds!" "I want a pony so I can ride it twice, get bored, and send it away to make glue!""
-The Grinch

Instead of giving gifts for the sake of having a present to open on Christmas my family has decided to give the money we would have spent on gifts for each other to a family who can not afford to give Christmas to their kids. My Sister-in-Law, Stephanie found a needy family in Utah through her friends church. The family gave us a list of what they needed & what the kids want for Christmas and we get to go do the fun of shopping for the kids! None of us have kids of our own so it's fun for us to get to shop for toys and give someone a gift that truly needs it and I don't have to do any Christmas shopping! Yeah!

No comments: